Galaxy Series® Natural Ventilation
Features of Natural Ventilation:
- Automated, manual and fail-safe operation
- Sheetmetal construction and available in pre-painted steel, aluminium and stainless steel
- Powder coated or pre-painted steel finish
- In the event of fire, this louvred vent can provide automatic smoke and heat exhaust or inlet ventilation
Details of natural Ventilation Louvres:
- Free open area FOA = 87%
- Coefficient of Discharge, Cd = 0.831
- Effective aerodynamic area, EAA=0.72
- Fire tested and certified to AS2428.4
- Available in modular widths between 700-1500mm and heights between 570mm – 5938mm.
- Can be interconnected with fire control systems
Operable Louvre / Natural Smoke and Heat exhaust Ventilator
Louvreclad’s Galaxy Series® is a natural ventilation and smoke and heat exhaust louvred ventilator that provides a ready-made solution for both natural, smoke and heat ventilation purposes.
The Galaxy Series® has been Designed, engineered and CSIRO tested, to provide effective natural ventilation and failsafe smoke and heat ventilation. Fabricated from steel, aluminium or stainless steel, the Galaxy Series natural ventilator is a robust system constructed to withstand the most demanding of environments including Category C and D Cyclone Regions. With the ability to operate at the highest levels of reliability and safety while achieving complete weather performance provides peace-of mind for designers, builders and most of all occupants.
This Natural/Smoke and Heat operable louvred vent design is typically operated via spring return failsafe actuators and thermal links to enable full fail-safe operation as part of your passive smoke and heat ventilation solution.
Standard electric actuators and pneumatic cylinders operation is also available with manual operation available if easily accessible from behind.
Galaxy Series natural ventilation system boasts a Free Open Area of 87% and coefficient of discharge of 0.831 providing highly effective natural and smoke venting performance.
Performance Tested to
• AS 2427-1983 tested and designed to comply with:
• Rain leakage wind velocity
• Maximum wind velocity for operation
• Structural adequacy
• Corrosion resistance
• Operation under snow loading
• Tested and certified to satisfy AS 2428-1983:
• AS 2428.1 – Determination of resistance to leakage during rain
• AS 2428.2 – Determination of ability to operate under wind
• AS 2428.3 – Determination of operating characteristics
• AS 2428.4 – Determination of the effect of flame contact
• AS 2428.5 – Determination of discharge co-efficient and
• Galaxy can be sized and spaced to satisfy the requirements of
AS 2665-1983 – Smoke/heat venting systems
Locomotive Workshop, Eveleigh NSW
Click to enlarge